Explaining Difficulties in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. What does the NHI staff spend much time in doing?
A. adhering to all NHI regulations
B. creating substantial overhead
C. handling errors and requesting insurers and claimants to correct erroneous information
2. Why do errors in insurance claims and much inefficiency occur?
A. complex administrative procedures associated with Taiwan’s National Health Insurance (NHI) scheme
B. the enormous amount of administrative time and cost involved in handling these errors
C. high operational costs
3. What will lead to higher operational costs?
A. the inability to to fill out more than 30 forms, relating to insurance claims, salary readjustment, and the insurer’s/claimant’s name
B. the inability to adhere to all NHI regulations
C. the inability to gradually reduce the amount of human resources involved in handling insurer and claimant errors and simplify administrative procedures as well as NHI forms
4. Why do errors in adhering to all NHI regulations occur?
A. the increasing time spent by human resources
B. the enormous amount of administrative time and cost involved
C. confusion over forms
5. How many forms must a patient fill out to adhere to all NHI regulations?
A. more than 25
B. more than 30
C. more than 40
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Describe the general setting for developing a particular product or service.
2. Introduce the main problem(s) that managers face in developing that product or service.
3. State the implications or consequence of the problem(s) remaining unresolved.