Citing Examples of Product/Service Commercialization
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. What percentage of all domestic hospitals outsource at least one business task to a contracted firm?
2. What do hospital clinics in Taiwan tend to do?
A. select the most appropriate software package to meet their needs
B. establish collaborative relationships with the National Health Insurance scheme
C. outsource their medical information needs to information technology vendors
3. How could one characterize the collaborative relationship between the purchaser and provider of outsourcing?
A. Independent of each other
B. mutually beneficial
C. mutually exclusive
4.When was the National Health Insurance scheme in Taiwan established?
A. in 1992
B. in 1993
C. in 1995
5. What has been extensively adopted in clinical practice since the establishment of National Health Insurance?
A. medically oriented information technology
B. high quality software packages
C. computer systems
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the main emphases of a sector or industry.
2. Cite specific applications, including examples of commercialization.
3. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization to a particular field of technology.
4. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization for practical purposes.