Citing Examples of Product/Service Commercialization
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
recent biotechnological developments
1. What application has attracted considerable interest?
A. that of cell fusion and cell culture approaches to human cell signal transduction
B. that of human cell signal transduction to cell fusion and cell culture approaches
C. that of biotechnology to agriculture, genetically modified food and other industrial sectors
2. What can mitigate many genetic defects to enhance human health and provide employment opportunities?
A. embryo transplantation technology
B. gene recombination technology
C. DNA technology
3. What is an emerging trend worldwide?
A. nucleus transplantation
B. fermentation technology
4.What perspective is adopted in determining that the demand for biotechnology applications that prevent disease is increasing?
A. a holistic one
B. a medical one
C. a financial one
5. What have recent biotechnological developments in Taiwan led to?
A. the design of highly effective medical procedures
B. the exporting of biotechnology methods developed locally
C. the commercialization of biological methods
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the main emphases of a sector or industry.
2. Cite specific applications, including examples of commercialization.
3. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization to a particular field of technology.
4. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization for practical purposes.