Identifying Future Directions and Challenges in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
striving to satisfy consumer demand
advance product technology
integrate its efforts with
1. What is a source of innovation in Taiwan’s bedding sector?
A. Government investment
B. the biotechnology industry
C. innovative products and services
2. Why has Elsa Bedding Franchise in Taiwan established a research and development division?
A. to advance product technology
B. to receive an additional 30% of base salary
C. to receive a bonus if results of their research lead to a patented technology
3. Why must a company incorporate innovation?
A. to increase productivity through innovative products and services
B. to integrate its efforts with the recently emerging biotech industry
C. to identify customers’ needs
4.How will ELSA employees receive a bonus?
A. if results of their research lead to a patented technology
B. if the company can successfully integrate its efforts with the recently emerging biotech industry
C. if the company can position itself as a leader in Taiwan’s bedding sector
5. When do R&D employees receive on-the-job training?
A. every other weekend
B. each Saturday morning
C. each Sunday morning
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce a sector or industry concerned with the development of a specific product or service.
2. Describe product or service development in detail.
3. Cite a specific application.
4. Describe future directions or potential applications of this product or service.